Receive a call from Sunway College few days back, well actually I received 2 calls but the first time I was in cinema and the second time I was driving so I didnt pick up - and I ignored, or to say I totally forgot about it later on, thinking it might be some wrong phone calls.
When Ding asked me whether I received any calls from Sunway College only I got to know who's the one calling me twice and what they called me for, i.e. to ask me whether I will be able to make it for a talk by BDO Binder and Deloitte regarding ICAEW.
Called them on the next day and got the details of the talk, including the requirement to dress formally on the day itself and prepare our resume for both of the firms. At that point of time the information I get regarding ICAEW is pathetically little, since I wasn't paying much attention when Mr.Jay mentioned that earlier in our class, thinking that it would be irrelevant to me. ( Yeah so this type of attitude is killing me ) Anyway, I have never been for any interviews before and never in my life ( so far ) prepare a resume / CV. Owh well, this means that I have to learn how to write a resume then :P
Preparing a resume is a tedious and a you-wont-feel-like-doing-it-again-work for me ==" Took me whole Sunday to get it done, and I didnt prepare myself for any interviews in advance though I have asked my cousin's opinions and suggestions.
Discussed the pros and cons of studying ICAEW with my parents and my cousin even before I get further information about the course. My cousin asked her ex-boss, who is a council of MIA before, and he said that ICAEW is much well-recognised as there's only a few on them have such qualification compared to ACCA and this will certainly boost my career. And from what I got to know so far, Mr.Jay mentioned similar points as well, whereas some said ICAEW will only be helpful at the starting of our career, the most important thing is our performance at work in future *dilemma*
Went to the briefing today and it sort of changed my mind ( I have not that much of intentions to choose ICAEW before this ) Anyway gotta get more info about the training contract / employment, of which I think it's the agenda BUT that's the thing that they placed less emphasize / didnt mention it at all. Yea I know ICAEW is much better than ACCA as it consists of training and practical experiences, which would an advantage for those who choose that, so what I'm concern is about their contracts.
The pros and cons of ICAEW :
- Being able to get better understanding of the subject studied ( especially audit !! =X )
- Can get salary xD ( I'm earning $ , I'm earning $ ! )
- Get to learn more ( in aspect of working environment, social life etc )
- Hmm it's not considered as advantages but they did provide study leave, which is better than none, right?
- It's kinda win-win situation for me actually, 'cause you cant expect people to provide you with RM30,000-40,000 worth financial support for your course fees + salaries for your working without requesting any repayment from you ryte?
- The training contract is for 5 years, which is the same with ACCA ( 2 years of full-time study plus 3 years of working experience )
- No life. =="
- I may get lazy and that would be a very bad thing for me
- I have to sacrifice my lovely weekends! *sniff sniff*
- Can I even pass my T8 now?????? *sighs*
Actually everything is just nice, the only thing I'm worrying about is the working part. *sighs* Why working is a MUST ler ?
p.s. People, please give me your suggestions / opinions on which path I shall choose~ =) Thank you so much!